According to UTS Medical Center, Excess belly fat can be dangerous because it surrounds internal organs and puts you at greater risk for developing several kinds of health problems, including heart disease, diabetes and liver problems.
So to lose tummy fat, people do running, skipping, swimming, cycling, workout in the gym, doing yoga and various other methods. Out of these methods, Cycling is a great way to lose belly fat as it is a low-impact cardiovascular exercise for all ages that can burn a significant number of calories. According to a report, cycling can burn up to 500 calories per hour.
You have landed on the right page if you were looking for how to lose belly fat by cycling because we have found the 7 best ways to reduce extra fat from your stomach by cycling.
Let’s start with How can cycling help you in reducing belly fat.
How Does Cycling Help Reduce Belly Fat? Health Benefits of Bicycle Riding
Cycling is an aerobic activity and a cardiovascular exercise that burns calories and helps to increase muscle mass. This means that it’s an effective way to lose weight, tone up muscles, and improve overall fitness.
- When it comes to weight loss, cycling is an efficient way to burn calories. A moderate-intensity cycling workout can burn between 400 to 500 calories per hour, depending on the intensity and duration of the ride. This is a significant amount of calories and can help to speed up weight loss.
- Additionally, cycling is a great way to increase muscle mass, which in turn helps to boost metabolism. This means that even when you’re not cycling, your body will be burning calories at a higher rate.
- Cycling is a great form of exercise for weight loss and overall fitness. Because It’s low-impact, easy to do, and can be done by people of all ages and fitness levels.
- Cycling can be done indoors or outdoors, which makes it a great option for all seasons. To get the most out of cycling for weight loss, it’s important to maintain a steady pace and incorporate interval training.
- And finally, regular cycling helps in digestion. So you should eat a healthy and balanced diet to get results faster. Start eating fruits, vegetables and a protein-rich diet.
Must Read: Does cycling Increase Height After 18?
How to Lose Belly Fat by Cycling: 7 Tested Tips
Cycling helps in burning calories and also tones the muscles in the stomach and legs, which can help to reduce belly fat. To start a journey of losing fat, it is quite essential to set a proper weight loss plan for yourself.
This could be a specific number of pounds that you want to lose, or a certain amount of inches that you want to reduce from your waistline. Once you have set your goal, you can begin with the following steps:
1. Get a Comfortable Bicycle
It is important to find a comfortable bike that fits your body well because a proper fit will help to ensure that you can ride for longer periods of time without experiencing pain or discomfort.
When it comes to bike type for weight loss. A hybrid bike is perfect for losing weight as it can be ridden on all types of surfaces and easily go long distances. You can find a good hybrid bicycle by visiting a cycle shop or clicking on the link below.
2. Decide your Cycling Routine
It is important to determine how often and for how long you will be cycling. For beginners, we recommended cycling for at least 30 minutes per day, three times per week. As you become more comfortable with the exercise and begin to see results, you can gradually increase the duration and frequency of your rides.
Related: How much cycling to lose weight.
3. Balanced Diet Plan is Must
In addition to cycling, it is also important to pay attention to your diet. Eating a healthy, balanced diet that is rich in fruits, vegetables, and lean proteins can help to support weight loss and reduce belly fat. Avoiding eating processed foods, sugary drinks, and excessive amounts of saturated fat.
This would reduce fat intake and will help to improve your overall health and reduce belly fat.
Must Read: Should You do Cycling After Dinner?
4. Add Some more Exercises to your Workout Plan
A fourth important thing to keep in mind is that cycling alone may not be enough to lose belly fat, you should also include strength training in your routine. Studies have shown that strength training, such as weightlifting or bodyweight exercises, can help to increase muscle mass and boost metabolism, which can help to burn more calories and reduce tummy fat.
5. Riding at the Right Intensity
An important aspect of cycling to lose belly fat is to make sure that you are cycling at the right intensity. To burn the most calories and promote weight loss, it is important to cycle at a moderate to high intensity.
This means that you should be working hard enough to break a sweat and elevate your heart rate, but not so hard that you cannot maintain a conversation. Proper breathing technique is a must.
6. Add Interval Training to Your Cycling Routine
To get the most out of cycling for losing belly fat, it’s important to maintain a steady pace and incorporate interval training. Interval training involves alternating periods of intense cycling with periods of rest or low-intensity cycling.
This type of training has been shown to be more effective for weight loss than steady-state cycling. Interval training helps to boost metabolism, burn more calories and improve overall fitness. It’s also important to remember that cycling should be done in conjunction with a healthy diet.
7. Be Consistent with your Cycling Routine
Consistency is the key to success! Keeping this point in mind, you should be consistent with your cycling routine. Losing belly fat takes time and tons of effort.
Therefore, It is important to follow the plan in a disciplined manner (anyhow) even when it gets difficult. Keep track of your progress and celebrate small victories along the way, such as fitting into a smaller size or noticing a reduction in belly fat.
How Long Does It Take to Lose Belly Fat by Cycling?
Losing belly fat is a lengthy process it may take several weeks to notice some favorable results. It depends on various factors such as how long you ride a bicycle at what intensity, what you eat, what’s your metabolism, how consistently you ride a bicycle and so on.
An average person should start to see some fat loss on the belly after 6 weeks. Results may vary from person to person. The main point is you should do cycling on a regular basis by following the above-mentioned tips so that you lose your belly fat quickly.
To be honest you should stop asking this question how long does it take to lose belly fat by cycling? because there is no specific time duration for this process.
Disadvantages of Belly Fat on the Body
According to Healthline, Belly fat or visceral fat can have several negative health consequences. Some of the side effects of having belly fat include:
- Belly fat is associated with an increased risk of heart disease due to the release of inflammatory molecules and other substances that can damage the heart and blood vessels.
- Tummy fat is associated with an increased risk of developing type 2 diabetes due to the release of hormones that can disrupt insulin function and cause blood sugar levels to rise.
- Visceral fat is associated with an increased risk of certain types of cancer, including colon and breast cancer.
- Belly fat can increase the risk of sleep apnea, a condition in which a person’s breathing is repeatedly interrupted during sleep.
- Fat on the stomach is associated with an increased risk of fatty liver disease, a condition in which excess fat accumulates in the liver and can lead to inflammation, scarring, and other problems.
- Studies have shown that people with excess belly fat often have poor self-esteem, body image, and depression.
Conclusion: How to Reduce Belly Fat by Cycling
I hope you have understood how to lose belly fat by cycling. To conclude, we would say bicycle riding is a great way to lose belly fat, as it is a low-impact cardiovascular exercise that can burn a significant number of calories.
To achieve the best results, it is important to set a goal, find a comfortable bike, cycle at the right intensity, and include strength training and a healthy diet in your routine.
Thanks for reading till the end, If you have any doubts ask us in the comment section below!
Do share this article on cycling for losing belly fat with your friends who want to lose it too!
Keep cycling and be safe!